The Tree of Life Congregation (TOL) was founded in 1896, and today is a vibrant Reform Jewish synagogue. Our 200 member-families gather from throughout greater Columbia and the Midlands of SC to come together as a holy community. The Tree of Life is our Beit T’filah – House of Prayer, Beit Midrash – House of Study, and Beit K’nesset – House of Assembly. We are very proud of our history, and we look forward to an even brighter future.
Please feel free to join us at Temple for services or events. We look forward to welcoming you. Please contact the Tree of Life Congregation office for more information or to answer any questions.
The Tree of Life Congregation is a member of the Union for Reform Judaism (www.urj.org).
In our devotion to God, the Tree of Life Congregation will be recognized as a synagogue that fully meets the needs of the Reform Jewish community of the Midlands of South Carolina by:
- Offering pathways for individuals to draw closer to God;
- Providing a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for those observing Reform Judaism, and their families, partners, and others;
- Developing a comprehensive, life-long Jewish education program embodying meaningful, stimulating experiences for all ages;
- Preserving and celebrating Reform Jewish culture and identity;
- Cultivating the leadership potential of each congregant;
- Enjoying ample financial resources to sustain the TOL vision, while exercising fiscal responsibility and sound business practices;
- Serving as a source of strength and support for each other in times of need;
- Working as advocates for Reform Judaism to the community-at-large;
- Demonstrating Jewish consciousness through empathy and social action.