Women of Reform Judaism
What is WRJ?
WRJ serves the Temple. We contribute toward Youth Group, Religious School, and early childhood programs. We operate Mitzvah Messenger, assist with Oneg Shabbat, and run the Judaica shop. We enrich High Holy Day observances, festival observances, and life cycle events.
WRJ is a caring family of women bonding together. It is a place where women of all ages can come and grow; where there is mutual support of one another; where we can learn about Judaism and about becoming a caring community to help repair a hurting world.
WRJ reaches out to the larger community. We have always been in the forefront of religious education and social action. WRJ has a collective voice that carries weight. Each woman is important as an individual, but as a Sisterhood, we are even stronger and our presence can be felt in many areas.
WRJ needs you. We are constantly striving to include all of the women of our congregation as well as the entire community.
You need WRJ. In our stressful society it is important to have those people to laugh with and to appreciate and support one another in our Temple and in our community.
Members of the Tree of Life Women of Reform Judaism
Tree of Life Women of Reform Judaism Board (2015-2016)
- President: Terry Garber
- Ways & Means: Ilene King, Joan McGee, Marisa Kornblut, Barb Willens
- Programming: Laney Cohen, Elisa Westfall, Cheryl Nail, Ellen Potter
- Membership: Joy Parks
- Treasurer: Yuliana Iskhakov
- Recording Secretary: Ellen Potter
- Corresponding Secretary: Annette Goldstein
- Special Funds: Eleanor Bornstein
- Critical Issues: Ilene King
- Bereavement: Annette Goldstein
- Judaica Shop: Donna Magaro
- YES Fund: Annette Goldstein
- Marketing: Amanda Hamilton
- Immediate Past President: Donna Magaro
*** Self-Defense for Ladies ***
Open to all TOL ladies and daughters over 12 years old – mothers and daughters together will be awesome!
No special fitness level needed
Tree of Life Temple
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
2:00pm to 6:00pm
TOL WRJ members and daughters $18 per person -All others $25 per person
Register below or mail your checks (clearly marked “self-defense” please) to the temple office.